Homemade Energy Bars
Homemade Larabar-style energy bars. I add a tablespoon of peanut butter because it seems to make them hold together a lot better. If you divide the recipe into seven bars, each bar (46 grams) has 187 calories, 10 grams of fat, 17 grams of sugar and 3 grams of fibre. If you do ten bars, each bar (32 g) has 131 calories, 7 grams of fat, 12 grams of sugar and 2 grams of fibre.
- 170 grams of medjool dates, pitted
- 150 grams of raw cashews
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- Combine ingredients in a food processor and process for a few minutes or until very well blended.
- Pour mix onto a piece of parchment or wax paper and press into a cuboid shape.
- Wrap it up and refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap the cube and slice into individual bars (e.g. ten 32g bars or seven 46g bars).
- Re-wrap the bars and keep them refrigerated until you use them.
- I've found they're good for a few weeks before they start to taste stale.
After processing, press bar mixture into a cuboid shape
Wrap in parchment or wax paper and refrigerate overnight
Slice chilled mixture into individual bars